OURI will offer summer research fellowships of $1500 to support undergraduates pursuing supervised research with a Rice faculty member this summer. The research project may be faculty led or initiated by the student, in-person or remote. Returning undergraduates in all disciplines are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to students who have secured unpaid opportunities and who have not had prior research experience. Students are expected to work approximately 150 hours on the research project.
You are eligible if you:
- are a returning Rice undergraduate student in a degree-granting program;
- are going to be enrolled full time during the fall 2020 semester;
- are in good academic standing;
- are undertaking supervised research with a Rice faculty member for a specified duration between May 15 and August 15, 2020, with a start no later than July 1, 2020;
- have a faculty member who will meet with you weekly over the summer and supervise your progress;
- are not already receiving compensation for your research project
By accepting the fellowship, you are agreeing to:
- complete all surveys connected to your experience;
- present your work at RURS or another conference;
- follow human subjects guidelines;
- participate in six sessions of research support programming and reflection activities run by OURI
To apply, you will need to submit the following by noon on Friday, May 22, 2020 through this link: https://riceuniversity.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b1xUpmKi7XXsMAZ.
- a 250-word abstract of your research project that includes project goals, expectations, dates of project, and approximate hours per week
- a 250-word essay that explains your interest in the project and value of undergraduate research for your academic and professional development>
Note: Your faculty advisor will receive an email asking them to approve the proposal through Qualtrics. Please be sure that your advisor is aware of this step in the application process. Proposals without faculty approval will not be considered.