Promote your opportunity in-person or online with OURI's events and with the posting platform 12twenty.
12twenty is our campus hub for career development and allows our campus partners to easily post positions and review student applications. On campus student employment postings will officially transition from Handshake to 12twenty starting Summer 2023, but campus partners are welcome to post their anticipated openings on 12twenty starting now.
By posting your research opportunity on 12Twenty, you are helping to create a more accessible and equitable research position search process.
Interested in posting an opportunity arranged or sponsored by Rice University? Follow the 12Twenty posting guide below:
Setting up your 12Twenty Employer Account
- Register for 12Twenty as an employer using the following link: 12Twenty Employer Registration. The following page should appear
- Fill in your employer information using your Rice email address and be sure to type in Rice University as your employer.
- Wait for a confirmation email. You should receive a system-generated confirmation email with a code.
- Consider bookmarking https://rice.12twenty.com/hire so you can easily navigate back to 12twenty to post jobs and review applications.
Congratulations! You are officially a member of the Rice University community on 12twenty!
If you are having issues setting up your account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting an On-Campus Research Position on 12Twenty
- Sign in to 12twenty: HTTPS://RICE.12TWENTY.COM/HIRE
- On your home page, under Rice Student Employment Jobs, select the blue “+POST” button.
- Fill in the details for your job posting. Only fields marked with an asterisk are required.
- For research positions, be sure to select the research categories in Job Function: research J - other, research scientific, research social.
- Hit “Submit” on your job posting to make it available to Rice students.
- Select “On Campus Student Employment” for campus jobs. If you are posting a research or internship position for students on campus, you can multi-select those fields.
- You may select from any of the application methods: apply via 12twenty, apply via an external link, or have students apply directly to you via email. If you would like to review applications in 12twenty, select “Apply via This Site.”
- You may edit the documents students are required to submit with their application, but a resume is always required.
- Designating an interviewer is optional, but you must designate a primary job contact. Select the “Use My Information” button to autofill the contact information associated with your 12twenty account, or provide a colleague’s information. You can choose whether or not to make each contact field visible to student applicants.
- To ensure your posting is visible to students, the CCD recommends selecting all of the student groups for eligibility.
- If your job posting directed students to apply via 12twenty, you can log in to the platform to review applicants: HTTPS://RICE.12TWENTY.COM/HIRE
- Select Job Listings on the left sidebar menu and then select your posting.
- Go to the Applicants tab to see and review a list of applicants for your posting.
Because students can select which notifications they receive on 12twenty, the CCD recommends communicating with candidates about their application status outside of 12twenty.
Promoting Your Position In-Person
Additionally, OURI sponsors two fairs (one each semester) for departments and campus partners to advertise positions in person.
The Discover Research Fair early in the fall semester is geared towards engaging the interests of undergraduate students in research topics pursued at the university.
The Summer Research and Opportunities Fair in early spring allows students to explore summer research and other opportunities at Rice or in the Houston area.