Rice Undergraduate Research Symposium
Rice Undergraduate Research Symposium (RURS) is the premiere event for undergraduates across all disciplines to present their research projects and receive feedback and recognition. This event would not be possible without the efforts of faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students from Rice and the Houston community who have graciously volunteered their time to evaluate the student presentations.
RURS was held virtually April 21, 2021 on the ForagerOne Symposium platform.
Poster and presentation materials for presenters, along with pre-recorded presentation submissions, are viewable on the event platform.
RURS 2021 Co-Chairs: Linda Liu, '21 and Anika Sonig, '23. Contact the co-chairs, email@example.com.
RURS 2021 preparation materials: Access helpful planning materials, including a RURS 2021 Zoom Background, in our RURS 2021 Drive.
RURS 2021 Presentation Winners: The following students represent the top 10% of competitive entries and top presenters in each award category.
- Joseph Asfouri, Engineering
- Hannah Boyd (School of Natural Sciences Poster Presentation Winner)
- Rose Click (School of Social Sciences Oral Presentation Winner)
- Aman Eujayl (School of Engineering Oral Presentation Winner)
- Brandon Khek, Natural Sciences
- Hociel Landa (School of Engineering Poster Presentation Winner)
- Will Mundy & Shryans Goyal (Team Award Winner)
- Pujita Munnangi, Engineering
- Stephen Peng, Natural Sciences
- Sarah Preston, Natural Sciences
- Kristen Rabbitt (School of Natural Sciences Poster Presentation Winner)
- Julia Shi (School of Humanities Poster Presentation Winner)
- Ashley Snell (Jenessa Shapiro Award Winner, School of Social Sciences Poster Presentation Winner)
- Jessica Su, Natural Sciences
- Lillian Wieland (School of Humanities Oral Presentation Winner)
- Brendon Wong, Natural Sciences
- Jim L. Zhang, Natural Sciences
2020 abstract booklet (PDF) is available to view past presenters and their work.
Registration is Closed
Research Mentor Award