Rice University Undergraduate Conference Grants
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry is offering grants to cover the costs of virtual conference registration. We understand the difficulties many students are facing during this time in a remote setting and want to encourage the participation in virtual conferences! You may apply before your conference or retroactively for reimbursement, though grants are not guaranteed.
- Current juniors and seniors (defined as 3 and 4 years beyond year of matriculation, not by credit hours) who are attending a conference to present research or design (poster session or oral presentation)
- Preference given to students whose presentation has resulted from substantive, ongoing research
- Century Scholars and students in the Rice Undergraduate Scholars Program (RUSP) are not eligible
- Winners must agree to present research at Rice Undergraduate Research Symposium (RURS) in April
How to Apply
The following should be submitted to OURI (firstname.lastname@example.org) as a single PDF document:
- copy of abstract submitted to conference and letter of acceptance
- statement (300 words) explaining relevance of conference to your academic and career plans
- budget listing conference registration cost
- registration receipts for those who have already attended conference
In addition, a letter of support from your faculty advisor should be sent to email@example.com.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.