Rice University Undergraduate Conference Grants
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry is offering grants to cover the costs of virtual or in-person conference participation. Grants can cover registration fees and/or associated travel costs. Up to $500 is available for students who are attending a conference to present research or design (poster session or oral presentation). Up to $100 is available for students only attending. You may apply before your conference or retroactively for reimbursement, though grants are not guaranteed.
- Currently enrolled students
- Preference given to students whose presentation has resulted from substantive, ongoing research
- Century Scholars and students in the Rice Undergraduate Scholars Program (RUSP) are not eligible
- Winners must agree to present research or volunteer at Rice Undergraduate Research Symposium (RURS) in April
How to Apply
The following should be submitted to OURI (email@example.com) as a single PDF document:
- copy of abstract submitted to conference and letter of acceptance *only for those applying for grants to support presentation (up to $500)
- statement (300 words) explaining relevance of conference to your academic and career plans
- budget listing conference registration cost
- registration receipts for those who have already attended conference
In addition, a letter of support from your faculty advisor should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org *only for those applying for grants to support presentation (up to $500).
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.