Student Opportunity Center
The Student Opportunity Center is a searchable database for experiential opportunities including internships, publications, research positions, scholarships, and symposia. In addition to offering opportunities available nationwide, the site allows you to filter opportunities only open to Rice students. Every Rice undergraduate has access to the system. To activate your account, enter your Rice email account that uses your netid and press login. You will then be prompted to create a password. Note that if your contact information is confidential, you are not already in the system and must create a new account.
Once you are in the system, identify interests to browse matching opportunities and receive relevant emails. Browse Rice-only opportunities or click on National Database to see everything available.
Student Opportunity Center Login (external link will open in new tab/window)
Are you a faculty member interested in posting an opportunity arranged or sponsored by Rice University? Open the Form for Student Opportunity Center Entry (opens in new tab/window).
OURI Spotlight on Deadlines for Rice Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Note the deadlines for the following undergraduate opportunities:
- Rice Undergraduate Scholars Program applications deadline annually in March HUMA/SOSC/STEM
- Distinction in Research and Creative Work application deadline varies by department HUMA/SOSC/STEM
- Fondren Fellows application deadlines each semester HUMA/SOSC/STEM
- Summer Undergraduate Research Opportunities new for 2020! application deadline in spring HUMA/SOSC/STEM
- Sustaining Excellence in Research Scholars applications in fall (October) STEM
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Research Fellowship application deadline annually in February HUMA/SOSC
- Vertically Integrated Projects rolling applications; recruiting event in November STEM
- Houston Action Research Teams application deadlines in fall (Nov/Dec) and spring (April) HUMA/SOSC/STEM