Sharing outcomes of student research
Present and Publish Your Work
There are many opportunities for Rice students to present and publish undergraduate research, scholarship, design projects, and creative work.
Rice students publish and present their work outside the Rice hedges in peer-reviewed journals, discipline-specific conferences, and exhibitions. OURI supports these activities through undergraduate conference funding to support student travel to present research or creative work. The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is an opportunity for undergraduate students in all disciplines to present their work. Application deadline for 2021 NCUR is December 1 (November 1 for early decision). Students can also search for conference presentation opportunities within Student Opportunity Center.
Rice-affiliated events and publications, listed below, also offer the opportunity for students to have an audience for their work.
Poster Symposia and Events
- Rice Undergraduate Research Symposium
- School of Engineering Design Showcase
- Natural Sciences Meet & Greet
- Social Sciences Research Showcase
- Humanities Showcase of Research and Creative Work
- undergraduate Opera Scenes
- Sharing the Spotlight Concerts
- Visual and Dramatic Arts Senior Show
Rice-affiliated Publications for undergraduate authors and contributors
- Bowl of Rice Podcast
- R2 Rice Review
- Rice Cultivator
- Rice Historical Review
- Rice Asian Studies Review
- Rice Journal for Public Policy
- PLAT Journal
Show and Exhibition Spaces
- Inferno Gallery
- Juice Boxes
- Lois Chiles Theater
- Moody Center for the Arts
Have you published or presented your work?
Are you presenting your work at a conference?
Ready to present your work?