Inquiry-Based Learning Teaching Grants
up to $1,000 for one semester
Rice University’s Experiential Inquiry and Research Fund awards grants of up to $1000 to faculty and staff seeking support for inclusion of inquiry-based learning in their credit-bearing courses.
The grants can be used to support the following inquiry-based learning expenses in courses:
- Course development and implementation: materials, supplies, software, undergraduate or graduate TAs, and honoraria
- Off-campus learning: student travel, meals, and lodging associated with inquiry-based learning off campus; travel and meetings associated with working with off-campus partners
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of proposed IBL to achievement of course outcomes
- Impact of inquiry-based learning on IBL facets of inquiry
- Contribution of course to development of inquiry-based skills in the curriculum
How to Apply:
Proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Proposals should include the following documents in PDF format:
- A one-page project description outlining the IBL course component and relevance to the course, IBL facets of inquiry, and curricular outcomes
- A budget indicating how the requested funds would be expended
Email documents in one PDF to eich@.